Pairings. Oh, S***.

Barely anyone has commented on this blog. But I don't really mind. I'll just spam the hell out of facebook later. And maybe livejournal.


ANYWAY~ Today's post is about one of the most popular aspects of Hetalia: Pairings.

Basically, a pairing is two fictional characters who are either cannon (supported by the author/fanbase as a legit couple, ie: EdwardxBella) or not (a couple that would never get together, ie: MalfoyxHermione). The Hetalia fandom is no exception.

Since there are so many characters there are A LOT of pairings. And since most of them are guys, the majority of the pairings are yaoi (or slash or gay, any of those terms work).

A lot of the pairings who are cannon have historical ties and good diplomatic relationships. Like USxUK and GermanyxItaly (2 of the most popular).

But that's not always the case. For instance RussiaxLithuania have an....interesting relationship. Or should I say abusive? I don't know, I don't ship them >< (ship = support the pairing).

But I DO ship...

GermanyxN.Italy


USxUK

LithuaniaxPoland
PrussiaxAnyone

SpainxS.Italy

To go along with pairings, there are also fanworks. Such as fan art, fan fiction, fan soundtracks, fan vids and so on. They can be cute, innocent and fluffy or violent and bloody or NC17. Fangirls are crazy.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOOO SHIPPING!!!!!!!! DX

just kidding. its deff more than ok.

btw i had no idea what shipping was until now. so i thank you <3

Anonymous said...

Ship ship ship. I ship almost everything <3

But my favourite pairings are

Spain/Romano
Spain/Prussia/France (Bad Friends sandwich XD)
Germany/Italy
Germany/Prussia
Italy/Romano
Iceland/Norway (my secret OTP *-*)
Iceland/Anyone
Poland/Liet

I kinda like US/UK too, but I think there's a bit too much about the two... ~.~

Post a Comment